What is Instructional Designing?
Instructional designing can be defined as a systematic process of applying scientific principles to the planning, design, creation, implementation and evaluation of an effective and efficient instruction material/strategy.
In a layman’s language ‘Instructional Design is the plan of action with a purpose’
For more information on Instructional Designing, see our case study
Who will benefit…
Trainers/ facilitators involved with groups and individuals
Instructional designers, Content Writers and Technical Writers
Facilitators looking to up enhance and refresh their skills
People interested in training
Learning development specialists
Instructors of groups and individuals
What is the Job Market?
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that the demand for instructional design technologists will increase nationwide by 83,000 jobs by 2012. However, these numbers are only a fraction of the actual job market for IDT. It is estimated that there are 10,000 to 20,000 jobs every year in this field. In past years, UND’s graduates have had 100% job placement rate, with every student finding a job within less than three months with their starting salaries ranging from $35,000 to $60,000.
This course enables you…
Deliver excellent training programmes and make powerful presentations
Evaluate training programmes
Identify training needs
Create storyboards and scripts
Identify a performance problem
Maximize different learning styles
Develop and implement appropriate assessment methods
Assess learning outcomes
Use e-learning tools to speed up the process
TechTotal offers ID in two concentrations:
In organizations large enough to have their own human resource departments or training programs, IDers are generally a part of a design and development team, working with graphic artists, programmers, and subject-matter experts. In the corporate sector, you are likely to work as a training designer for the: Military, Healthcare organizations, various departements in the government sector, Banking Industry, Any business or organization that requires systematic and frequent training.
2. Public Education
Become a technology facilitator capable of designing learning environments that make intelligent use of technology in your classroom.
Design professional development training for other teachers in your school, or at the district, state, or national levels.
Work as curriculum designers at all levels of the education system, focusing on the design of large-scale curricula.
Develop online courses and other class/training materials for colleges and universities.
Instructional Designing (ID) is for all those aspirants who wish to become instructional designing resources either in the private sector, the public sector or in the higher education field. Our curriculum is restructured and updated regularly to address and meet various industry requirements be it in banking, manufacturing, pharmacy, IT, or education.
Course Content – Download Course Syllabus
This course is designed to teach the fundamentals of instructional design, including the principles of learning theory, and instructional strategies that are relevant to instructional design. This course will introduce you to the systems approach to instructional design which includes introductory information and application of skills and techniques necessary in the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of instruction (often referred to as the ADDIE model). Professionals will learn the purpose and approach to completing each phase of the instructional design process and will produce a set of outputs from each of these phases.
Module I- All about ID
At TechTotal the learner is given an opportunity to put into practice the theory learnt not only by completing the given assignments but also by working on existing content (Samples from the work) to showcase an increased efficiency at the workplace. The efforts of the learner will be supported by our trainers throughout the course during and also after the tenure at TechTotal.
IDTT01 Instructional Designing
- What is Instructional Design
- Why Instructional Design
- Typographical Elements
IDTT02 Instructional System Designing – ISD
- ADDIE model
- Rapid Prototype Model
- Bloom’s Taxonomy
IDTT01 Instructional Theories
Behaviorism, Constructivism, Cognitivism
- E-learning Technology
- Levels of e-learning
IDTT03 ID Standards
IDTT04 ID Contents Framing
Incorporate Text and images
Quiz or Test
IDTT 06 Instructional Delivery Methods
IDTT07 Technical Writing Concepts
IDTT 08 ID Types &Modes
Tests and quizzes
Module 2 – ID tools
Tools help in drafting, editing and publishing content. This unit will equip the learner with technology which in turn will helps one to create interactive justin time and quality content including web content. It will further widen the scope of an ID as a professional and bring greater career prospects because the combination of content development and mastery of technology is quite unheard of.
- Creation Tools
- Content Tools
- Publishing Tools
IDTT09 Ms Word
- Introduction & Features
- Formatting Text, Font and Paragraph settings
- Bullets and Numbering, Borders and Shading
- Styles and Formatting
- Template Creation
- Cross-references, Bookmark & Hyperlinks
- Creating Sections
- Generating Table of Contents/ Table of Figures/Index
- Header and Footer
- Working with Reviewing toolbar
- Footnote and Endnote
- Protecting the Document
- Autotext and AutoCorrect
- Watermarks/Columns/Change Case/Tables
IDTT010 Ms PowerPoint
- Getting Started
- Creating new presentations
- Saving presentations
- Formatting Slides
- Drawing objects
- Working With Graphics
- Modifying Presentations
- Proofing And Delivering Presentations
- Set-up prsentations
IDTT011 Adobe Captivate
- Related file formats and extensions
- Slides Adding/Editing Text Captions
- Adding Boxes, Buttons, images
- Editing Mouse Button
- Creating question slides or Quiz
- Changing Timelines
- Recording/ Inserting the Audio
- Importing PowerPoint
- Publishing the output and Creating Menu Builder
IDTT012 TechSmith Camtasia
- Recording the Screen
- Batch Production Wizard
- Flash Hot Spots
- Adding Audio While Recording
- Picture-in-Picture Editing
- Recording a Web Seminar
- Working with Storyboard
- Creating an Interactive Flash Movie
IDTT013 Ms Visio
- Introduction to MS- Visio
- Using various technology images
- Creating DFD’s and Architectural Diagrams
- Synchronization of images
- Creating different file formats
- Special Merits & Installation sequence
- Types & Behavior of shapes
- Templates stencil & Connection shapes
- Group/ Ungroup
- Data Linking & Data Graphics
- Auto Linking & Hyper Linking
- Importing into Word
- Introduction to Photoshop
- Cropping images and editing
- Explore the Photoshop Environment
- Basic Photo Corrections
- Working with Selections
- Editing images using Photoshop
- Retouching and Repairing
- Creating layers, Mask and Channels
- Correcting and Enhancing
- Slice and Link an Image
- Creating Rollovers and Animate GIF Images
- Painting and Editing
- Basic Pen Tool Techniques
- The Dreamweaver interface
- Creating HTML documents
- Adding content to Web pages
- Adding structure tags to content
- Using CSS to style content
- Working with links and anchor tags
- Library items and Creating forms
All assignments will be based on the concepts and tools learnt to meet the learner’s requirements
E Learning Tips
Our experienced team of trainers will guide and equip the learners with quick tips and efficient and advanced usage of the tools to enhance their performance.
On successful completion of the course (which is inclusive of the assignments) a certificate will be issued certifying the candidate as Instructional Designer
Modes of Training
The Courses offered are in more than one of the following formats. Please visit the TechTotal Web site for a complete list of options.
Interactive Broadcast Course
A real time environment is created using video conferencing It Permits the students to liaise with the trainer and other fellow students
The curriculum is similar to the regular class room sessions. User friendly tools are used throughout the course for training�
Check with Tech Total the slots available which suit your convenience
- We have been providing online training through our dedicated LMS (Learning Management System), through which course can be trained within a period of 15 Sessions (2hrs per session). For more details visit the site at: http://training.techtotalportal.com/
- Instructions will be provided through the whiteboard and the voice/text chat, provided through our online software, and we can also remotely support and instruct you using remote sharingsoftware.
- Live Video Tutorials and study materials are published in your LMS account where they give you an offline support and provide more interaction to the softwares.
TechTotal provides a unique and robust platform for training in Instructional Designing. Highly qualified instructors and eminent faculty, with hands-on experience in Instructional Designing, would guide and help blossom the new entrant into an industry-ready, professional Instructional Designer. The training is conducted in person, which makes it highly focused and penetrative. The participant is amply facilitated to clear any doubts or queries.
You are provided a stock of useful study materials, which are objective and crisp. These study materials specifically addresses all your certification requirements.
Upon successful course completion you can work with various organizations as
- An instructional writer – Writes content
- An instructional designer – Designs the framework and content from its inception
- A content analyst – Proof reads the content and hosts it online if required
- A creative writer – Makes brochures, writes company newsletters, case studies and whitepapers
- A Technical writer –Develops technical manuals on software and other products both for the developer and the end user
Get trained at a time that suits you:
- 10.00 AM – 12.00 PM
- 2.00 PM – 4.00 PM
- 4.00 PM – 6.00 PM
- 7.30 PM– 9.30 PM
Same timings are applicable for online, classroom and weekends batches.
Why ID from TechTotal
- Flexibility & Convenience:
- Become an IDT online without leaving your job or family.
- Avail the flexibility of online learning with personal contact of “live”
- The online semester-based classes can be accesses and completed from anywhere across the world.
- Enroll for a curriculum that is competitive and the best in the country
- The courses in instructional design will help you to identify and address a full range of human performance problems related to transfer of knowledge
Learn the difference between the use of technology and its integration
- Blend teaching and learning with the latest technology to address various concerns
- Learn from Hyderabad’s best institute which is endowed with globally accepted recognized standards
Real World Projects
- Spend time applying instructional design theories to real time projects rather than being tested on them.
- Work closely with the trainers who practicing IDs. The projects you create will have a touch of professionalism and not appear under rated.
- Have publication, presentation, design and development credits on your
- CV before you leave TechTotal
Technology & Resources
- Get Hands on experience by working on Storyboards, Dream weaver, Flash, Photoshop, Captivate, Camtasia and MS office. All an absolute necessity for an ID professional
- Access our knowledge Portal for your own Web space which can be used for courses and for developing your work portfolio.
- Get personalized and a comfortable class experience with a max of four students in a class
- Connect with the TechTotal community of trainers through email and also by accessing the learning/Knowledge portal